General Health Questionnaire
The General Health Questionnaire (GHQ) is a screening device for identifying minor psychiatric disorders in the general population and within community or non-psychiatric clinical settings such as primary care or general medical out-patients. Suitable for all ages from adolescent upwards – not children, it assesses the respondent’s current state and asks if that differs from his or her usual state. It is therefore sensitive to short-term psychiatric disorders but not to long-standing attributes of the respondent.
The self-administered questionnaire focuses on two major areas:
• The inability to carry out normal functions
• The appearance of new and distressing phenomena.
• It is available in the following versions:
• GHQ-60: the fully detailed 60-item questionnaire
• GHQ-30: a short form without items relating to physical illness
• GHQ-28: a 28 item scaled version – assesses somatic symptoms, anxiety and insomnia, social dysfunction and severe depression
• GHQ-12: a quick, reliable and sensitive short form – ideal for research studies.
Why use the GHQ?
• The self-administered questionnaire is an ideal screening device for identifying non-psychotic and minor psychiatric disorders to help inform further intervention
• GHQ is available in four different versions, enabling researchers and clinicians to select the version most appropriate to their individual requirements
• For researchers intending to set-up their own localised validation studies – the GHQ User’s Guide provides guidance and advise.
Complete Set contents
Different versions: GHQ-60, GHQ-30, GHQ-28 and GHQ-12.
For more information or a quotation for this product, please contact us: We're happy to provide sample questions, reports, or validity information if available for most of the titles that are showcased on this site.
Please be aware that, due to international law or Copyright restrictions, it is not always possible to provide samples of questionnaires or information that may constitute intellectual property, trade secrets, or other proprietary information.
Not sure which test fits your needs? We can help. Contact Us today.