Purpose: The condensed HAPAP – Ab will evaluate whether a person has the skills and traits to be successful in the Hairdressing field.
- Training Tool/Professional Development
No. of questions: 57
Question type: Situational, self-report
Estimated completion time: 10 minutes
Longer versions of assessment: Yes
Recommended age level: 18+
Qualification Level: Class A
Compliance: APA standards; EEOC standards (gender, age, disability)
Sample Size: 1942
Cronbach’s Alpha: 0.92
- Entrepreneurial Skills
- Comfort with realities of job
Benchmarks: Available – General Population & Hairdressing Industry
Interview Questions: Available
Group Comparisons: Available
- Detailed narrative interpretation
- Strengths and Limitations
- Impression Management
Factors and Scales:
Overall Score plus 7 scales:
- Perseverance: Extent to which a person possesses a go-getter attitude when it comes to achieving goals.
- Dependability: Extent to which a person is reliable and can be depended on to behave in a professional manner.
- Entrepreneurial Skills: Assesses whether an individual possesses the level of innovation and business sense needed to flourish in this industry.
- Integrity: Assesses whether a person behaves in an honorable and respectable manner.
- Organization: Extent to which a person is neat and orderly.
- Self-Control: Ability to monitor and regulate emotions and behavior.
- Comfort with realities of job: Assesses whether a person is willing and able to cope with the ups and downs that are common in this field.