Use the Communication Effectiveness Profile development tool to collect feedback on communication competencies like empathizing, receiving the message, clarifying, for both individuals and groups.
This test provides the answers you need to make informed hiring, promotion or development decisions.
Want more information about this test? Get it now. Please complete the request form on the MORE INFO & BUY TEST tab and we’ll reply promptly.
Not the perfect fit? No problem. We have many similar tests to choose from. See alternatives in the COMMUNICATION SKILLS category section of our site.
The Communication Effectiveness Profile, an 84 item behavioural assessment collects self or 360-degree feedback on communication competencies like empathizing, receiving the message, clarifying, understanding and “reading” non-verbal clues, giving and receiving feedback and transmitting your message.
When to Use the Communication Effectiveness Profile:
- With all employees for whom effective communication is important.
- As an introductory training activity on communication to expose participants to the full breadth of important communication behaviours.
- With sales people, customer service personnel, internal consultants, and managers who must communicate effectively to be effective in their jobs.
- With teams or departments that are experiencing communication problems.
- With any employees interested in mastering this most fundamental business skill.
- As the center piece of a 1-day facilitated training on communication.
- Communication Feedback Report Includes a 10/10 report that lists your top ten strengths and top ten development needs, in rank order.
- Flexibility – This multi-rater assessment can be used as a leader’s self-assessment or with supervisors, peers, and direct reports for 360-degree feedback.
- Standardized – The Communication Effectiveness questionnaire and report format is standardized with 9 different competency based, online assessments that are part of this package. Standardized administration and report formats shorten the learning curve for participants who may use several of these assessments over the course of a year.
- Easy to Administer – The online administrative component is easy for both administrators and participants, yet provides administrators key control over the distribution of results.
- Relevant Feedback – Rather than providing just simple lists of strengths and weaknesses, the Communication Effectiveness feedback report provides development needs imbedded in development planning templates that help make it easy for participants to take their next steps.
- Measures 7 core communication competencies through 84 items, with either self or 360 degree feedback.
- Each behavioural item in the assessment is a positive communication behaviour.
- Worded in simple, understandable and behavioural terms allowing any participant, regardless of education or English language proficiency, to understand and provide accurate ratings.
- The report itself is broken into six smaller reports. Reports begin with summary competency scores and drill down to behavioural specifics including communication tips for development and course and reading suggestions.
In the online format, there is no limit to the number of raters who can be invited to provide feedback.
The Facilitators Guide enables a trainer to lead a half-day workshop administering, scoring, and interpreting, the Communication Effectiveness Profile. Includes templates for development planning and 84 sets of coaching tips.
Section 1 of the Facilitator’s Guide provides an introduction to communication that can be used as a lecture primer in conjunction with a group exercise to introduce the topic. There are timing guidelines for the workshop and instructions on administering the assessment. The next 7 parts are short primers on each communication competency covering a more detailed definition of the competency including a process model of the skill. There are experiential exercises with facilitator notes and handout copy masters wherever appropriate.
Section 2 of the Facilitators Guide includes 84 sets of coaching tips, (12 per competency), designed to direct development for low scorers of each individual item (behavior) on the questionnaire. Each set of coaching tips expands the context of the behavior and provides several alternative best practices that can be used on-the-job to develop a specific skill.
There is a Personal Action Plan template and a Contract for Change that participants also get in either their assessment booklet or online report of results.