Use the Leadership Styles Workbook (formerly the Managerial Style Workbook) to measure leadership style and give managers a chance to understand their own managerial style, reflect on whether it suits the situations they face, and make appropriate changes. Help your leaders:
- Understand which of the six styles they use most frequently
- Compare what they do with what their situation requires of them
- Get tips on when a particular style is more, or less, effective
- Start to think about areas for action and improvement.
This test provides the answers you need to make informed hiring and promotion decisions.
Want more information about this test? Get it now. Please complete the request form on the MORE INFO & BUY TEST tab and we’ll reply promptly.
Not the perfect fit? No problem. We have many similar tests to choose from. See alternatives in the LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT SKILLS category section of our site.
Formerly called the Managerial Style Workbook, this test was renamed the Leadership Styles Workbook as of December 2015.
The MSW was recently updated to bring it in line with revisions to The inventory of leadership styles (ILS) and The organizational climate survey (OCS) 180-degree diagnostic surveys.
The changes are very minor and include:
- Renaming the word managerial to leadership throughout the workbook
- Renaming 3 of the style labels. Coercive, Authoritative, and Democratic will now be called Directive, Visionary, and Participative
- Renaming the workbook from Managerial Style Workbook to Leadership Styles Workbook
Everything else, including the exercises, are exactly the same!
Everyone can recall their best manager – and their worst – and the specific things they did to boost (or dent) morale and performance. This workbook gives managers a chance to understand, and improve, their own managerial style. Research has identified six styles that managers use to bring out the best in their teams.
By matching the right style to a given situation, managers can make a positive impact on the business. Use the Leadership Styles Workbook (LSW) to help your managers:
- understand which of the six styles they use most frequently
- compare what they do with what their situation requires of them
- get tips on when a particular style is more, or less, effective
- start to think about areas for action and improvement.
Why choose the Leadership Styles Workbook? This workbook gives managers a chance to understand their own managerial style, reflect on whether it suits the situations they face, and make appropriate changes. The LSW is a simple tool that introduces the six managerial styles, which are:
It enables managers to identify their intentions and think about whether they are using the managerial styles to best effect. The LSW is most effective when used in conjunction with the Organizational Climate Workbook (OCW) as managerial style impacts the climate a manager creates for their team.
- Paper based