Use the Occupational: Accountant/Auditor to measure the critical thinking, reasoning and inference skills, as well as, the overall job fit of your accountant, auditor, banking and financial manager candidates. Before you invest the time and money to train a new employee, test your applicants for the following skills:
- ability to make reasonable inferences
- recognize assumptions
- evaluate arguments
- draw logical conclusions
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
- Leadership Orientation
- Stress Tolerance
This test provides the answers you need to make informed hiring and promotion decisions.
Want more information about this test? Get it now. Please complete the request form on the MORE INFO & BUY TEST tab and we’ll reply promptly.
Not the perfect fit? No problem. We have many similar tests to choose from. See alternatives in the SPECIFIC PROFESSIONS & INDUSTRIES: FINANCE category section of our site.
Predict Job Success in Accountant/Auditor Roles For Financial Services Organizations
Accountant/Auditor is an assessment of critical thinking skills and personal work style competencies that predict success on the job designed to evaluate key competencies for accountant and auditor jobs. Based on Department of Labor research and industry expert feedback, this occupation-specific assessment leverages a holistic assessment approach to give broad and accurate insight into the whole person.
Potential applications include but are not limited to:
- Accountant, General Accountant
- Certified Public Accountant
- Cost Accountant
- Revenue Tax Specialist
- Accounting Manager
- Auditor or Internal Auditor
- Financial Auditor
- Assurance Manager
The assessment contains two components, Critical Thinking and Work Style and takes approximately 50 min. to complete.
The critical thinking section assesses the ability to accurately evaluate situations and make logical decisions when faced with complex or ambiguous information. The work styles section matches a person’s work behaviours with those required for success in accountant or auditor positions and the two provide an accurate measure of overall job fit. This assessment incorporates the Watson-Glaser Critical Thinking Appraisal (Short Form) for critical thinking and items from the Workplace Personality Inventory as the work styles portion.
This customized assessment helps you:
- Hire only the highest-quality individuals from your candidate pool
- Reduce churn and boost employee productivity
- Assess important critical thinking skills such as the ability to make reasonable inferences, recognize assumptions, evaluate arguments, draw logical conclusions.
- Assess these personal work styles: Achievement/Effort, Adaptability/Flexibility, Analytical Thinking, Attention to Detail, Cooperation, Dependability, Independence, Initiative, Integrity/Rule-Following, Leadership Orientation, Self-Control, Stress Tolerance
© Pearson Assessment, Inc.