The Personnel Tests for Industry – Oral Directions measures an individual’s ability to follow directions presented orally and answer appropriately. Before you invest the time and money to train a new employee, test your applicants for skills like:
- Measure the ability to understand oral directions
- Reveal verbal skills (Synonyms, Information, Classification)
- Reveal numerical skills (Basic Math, Percentages, Volume, Fractions)
This test provides the answers you need to make an informed hiring or coaching decision.
Want more information about this test? Get it now. Please complete the request form on the MORE INFO & BUY TEST tab and we’ll reply promptly.
Not the perfect fit? No problem. We have many similar tests to choose from. See alternatives in the INDUSTRIAL & MECHANICAL SKILLS, MATH, CLERICAL & ADMINISTRATIVE SKILLS and OFFICE SKILLS category sections of our site.
See the Personnel Tests For Industry as well.
The Personnel Tests for Industry Oral Directions features a tape recording to assess an individual’s ability to follow directions presented orally and answer appropriately. This test is ideal for entry-level staff, including telephone operators, receptionists, plant production workers, reservation agents, and machine operators.
- Reading Level: 6th grade
- Completion time: 15 minutes (Timed)
- Administration: Paper-and-pencil
The examinee listens to the recorded instructions and responds accordingly. Scores reflect general mental ability and help to evaluate applicants with limited English proficiency or partial hearing impairment.
- Measure the ability to understand oral directions.
- Reveal verbal skills (Synonyms, Information, Classification).
- Reveal numerical skills (Basic Math, Percentages, Volume, Fractions).
Use this test when assessing applicants for jobs such as:
- Telephone operator
- Plant production worker
- Reservation agent
- Machine operator
This test can help determine whether individuals can benefit from basic skills training, specific vocational training, or educational remediation programs.
© Pearson Assessment, Inc.