The Jackson Career Explorer guides people toward satisfying and fulfilling careers and generates personalized career information.
This assessment provides the answers you need to make informed guidance and coaching decisions.
Want more information about this test? Get it now. Please complete the request form on the MORE INFO & BUY TEST tab and we’ll reply promptly.
Not the perfect fit? No problem. We have many similar tests to choose from. See alternatives in the CAREER & VOCATIONAL INTEREST category section of our site.
The Jackson Career Explorer (JCE) is an interest assessment that guides students toward satisfying and fulfilling careers. The comprehensive report provides a wealth of personalized career information including the following features:
- Fit with 32 different Job Groups and in-depth information on students’ top 3 jobs
- Fit with 17 different Education Groups
- Ranks 34 Basic Interests
- Highlights Work Personality preferences
- Showcases thousands of job resources customized to the student’s results, including action steps and interpretive tips
- Provides links to over 850 sample job codes from O*NET, organizations, and web-based career resources
The Jackson Career Explorer accurately measures specific areas of career interest, ways of approaching work, and job groups associated with these areas of interest. Results are generated based on scoring algorithms that have been tested and refined to produce optimal results. The JCE accurately identifies the career interests that will motivate students to discover enriching, fulfilling careers.
The JCE is a derivative of the Jackson Vocational Interest Survey (JVIS), first published in 1977 and considered to be one of the most well-respected career interest assessments on the market. The JCE was developed by employing advanced test construction methods to identify the items most diagnostic of each of the 34 Basic Interest Scales that form the foundation of the JVIS.
The JCE is grounded in science. More than 40 psychologists and career experts have worked on the development of the JCE and its predecessor, the JVIS, over the past 45 years. Research has shown that the JCE is a valid and reliable career interest assessment.
- Administer to: 14 years old and older
- Administration time: 20 minutes
- Number of items: 170 items
- Reading Level: 8th Grade
- Scoring Options: On-line – contact us to set up an account
- Report Length: 22 pages
US, Canadian and French Canadian Reports available.