Leadership Competency Inventory
About this Test
We’re sorry, the Leadership Competency Inventory test has been discontinued; please contact us for alternatives.
Use the Leadership Competency Inventory to measure an individual’s use of four competencies essential to effective leadership. Before you invest the time and money to train a new employee, test for:
- Information Skills
- Conceptual Thinking
- Customer Service
This test provides the answers you need to make informed hiring and promotion decisions.
Want more information about this test? Get it now. Please REQUEST MORE INFO and we’ll reply promptly.
Not the perfect fit? No problem. We have many similar tests to choose from. See alternatives in the LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT SKILLS category section of our site.
The Leadership Competency Inventory is a self-scoring questionnaire that measures an individual’s use of four competencies essential to effective leadership. Research has shown that those who can convey an inspiring vision to others demonstrate specific behaviors.
The four competencies are:
- Information Seeking – The ability to gather information from a variety of sources to gain full comprehension of all possibilities.
- Conceptual Thinking – The ability to capture a clear, crisp image from a complex situation or from an assortment of information.
- Strategic Orientation – The ability to develop a long-term strategic focus toward a goal and link daily events or current actions to a final objective.
- Customer Service Orientation – The ability to identify and focus on the long-term best interest of the customer.
In today’s business environment, it is critical not just to manage changes as they occur, but to lead those changes toward a goal that will benefit the organization. While managers preserve order and reliability in the workplace, leaders dramatically alter the way a group operates by transforming their ideas into images that excite people, thus redefining an organization’s overall direction. Both are essential to the success of an organization: reliability without change promotes stagnation; change without consistency leads to chaos.
The LCI enables participants to assess the degree to which they exhibit leadership competencies as perceived by themselves, colleagues and direct reports. Scoring grids in the interpretive notes are used to illustrate the person’s demonstration of detailed levels of behaviour, and provide an overall profile of the four major competencies.
- Leadership Seminars and Workshops
- Executive Career Development
- Executive Succession Planning
- Performance Appraisals
Not sure which test fits your needs?
We can help you to make the right choice.