The Picture Interest Career Survey is a quick way for people to identify occupational interests by using pictures of people at work rather than text-based items.
This test provides the answers you need to make informed decisions.
Want more information about this test? Get it now. Please complete the request form on the MORE INFO & BUY TEST tab and we’ll reply promptly.
Not the perfect fit? No problem. We have many similar tests to choose from. See alternatives in the CAREER & VOCATIONAL INTEREST category sections of our site.
Now there is an easy way for people with limited reading ability or special needs to explore their career interests and find a job that fits their personality. The Picture Interest Career Survey (PICS) is a quick way for people to identify occupational interests by using pictures of people at work rather than text-based items.
This assessment provides a quick way for people to identify occupational interests by using pictures of people at work rather than text-based descriptions. Test takers are presented with 36 question items consisting of three pictures each and then must choose which of the three portrayed work environments seems most interesting. Based on the pictures selected, the Picture Interest Career Survey creates a profile of the individual that leads directly to career information and potential job matches.
Based on the number and kind of pictures selected, PICS creates a profile of the individual which then can lead directly to career information and potential job matches. The assessment takes less than fifteen minutes to complete and score, and it is suited to both genders and all backgrounds. It can be self-administered and self-scored, given individually or in groups, and is ideally suited to today’s changing workforce. PICS has solid reliability and validity, and has been tested on a wide variety of populations.
PICS uses two of the most widely accepted occupational coding systems, ”RIASEC” and people, data, things, ideas. Test takers can easily deepen their career research by matching their test results with references that are based on these same systems.
Key Features and Benefits
- Being picture-based and easy to use, this assessment is the perfect resource for individuals who might struggle with more traditional, text-based career assessments, including:
- Individuals with limited familiarity with English.
- Individuals who are developmentally delayed or have a learning disability.
- Individuals with limited access to education.
- Individuals who are chronically unemployed.
- Uses the RIASEC occupational coding system. The people, data, things, and ideas interest categories and work tasks are also represented. Individuals can easily deepen their career research by matching their assessment results with references that are based on these same systems.
- Includes streamlined instructions, an updated design, and a few modified pictures for greater clarity.
- Can be given to groups or individuals.
- Available in print or online.
- Includes a free Administrator’s Guide, PICS Careers Locator, and PICS Career Planning Worksheet.