Reading-Free Vocational Interest Inventory Revised – 3rd Revision
About this Test
Use the Reading-Free Vocational Interest Inventory Revised – 3rd Revision to measure the vocational likes and dislikes of students and adults who are mentally challenged, learning disabled, disadvantaged, or enrolled in alternative or vocational/career training programs – without requiring them to read!
This test provides the answers you need to make informed decisions.
Want more information about this test? Get it now. Please REQUEST MORE INFO and we’ll reply promptly.
Not the perfect fit? No problem. We have many similar tests to choose from. See alternatives in the CAREER & VOCATIONAL INTEREST category section of our site.
Please Note: The RFVII-2 has been discontinued and replaced with the Reading-Free Vocational Interest Inventory Revised – 3rd Revision
Purpose: Matches vocational interests with potential careers
Format: Paper and pencil, Online
Age Range: 10 years to 75 years
Admin: Individual or group
Time: 15-30 minutes
The Reading-Free Vocational Interest Inventory Revised – 3rd Revision uses pictures of individuals engaged in different occupations to measure the vocational likes and dislikes of students and adults who are mentally challenged, learning disabled, disadvantaged, or enrolled in alternative or vocational/career training programs (ages 13 years and older). It does not require reading comprehension or written language skills.
The newest edition of the Reading-Free Vocational Interest Inventory–Third Edition (RFVII-3) is now available. It is a nonverbal measure of vocational interests for users from Grade 5 through adult. It uses illustrations of individuals engaged in different occupations to measure the vocational likes and dislikes of students and adults who have intellectual disabilities or learning disabilities, are struggling readers, or anyone who prefers a pictorial display. No reading or writing is required.
- Features 80 full-color illustrated items showing people enganged in a wide range of occupations.
- Aligns interests with the 16 Career Clusters defined by the U.S. Department of Education and the U.S. Department of Labor and People/Data/Things classification.
- Easy to administer and score.
- Appropriate for use by teachers, psychologists, counselors, or other vocational and educational personnel in schools, career and technology programs, sheltered employment centers, vocational rehabilitation centers, and other job training and career placement facilities.
- For each of the items, examinees select the one illustration out of three that they find most interesting. Occupations shown range from those requiring little to no training to those for which considerable training is needed.
- Includes paper-and-pencil and online administration options with available online scoring.
- Generates a thorough individualized Interpretive Report containing interactive links to O*NET Online resources from each of the 16 Career Clusters. A Group Report is also available.
- Reliability studies examined test–retest reliability and the equivalency between paper and online administration. Test–retest reliability coefficients range from .63 to .87 (large to very large) and equivalency coefficients range from .79 to .89 (very large).
- Extensive field-testing was completed with populations ranging in age from Grade 5 through age 65 including students in general education, special education, ESL classes, community-based programs for young adults with intellectual disabilities, and college classes.
The Reading-Free Vocational Interest Inventory Revised – 3rd Revision is the product of a comprehensive review of 25 years with physically and mentally handicapped individuals around the world.
- Drawings have been refined and modified and include a more identifiable target figure.
- Contains norms for regular classroom students not represented in the original version.
- Clusters have been developed that combine interest areas to provide another way of looking at measured intent.
- Includes more extensive normative tables.
- Includes contemporary occupational tasks.
Not sure which test fits your needs?
We can help you to make the right choice.