Improve critical thinking in the workplace and accurately identify top performers
Timed: 30 minutes
Untimed: US English only coming late Spring 2018
Uses: Applicant screening, Selection, development, high potential identification, college recruiting
Languages: US English now available; French coming late Spring 2018; all other dates to be confirmed: UK, Australian, Indian English, US Spanish, Castilian Spanish, Dutch, and French Canadian
How long will your company survive if your staff has poor decision making? For nearly a century, the Watson-Glaser™ Critical Thinking Appraisal has been helping companies make data-driven decisions on staffing and development, and is now the leading critical thinking test available. Can your employees, managers, and future leaders examine a situation and clearly understand it from multiple perspectives, while separating facts from opinions and assumptions? Watson-Glaser will find out!
Thousands of organizations, colleges, and schools use this critical thinking assessment to hire great managers, develop high-potential employees, and admit students into challenging programs.
Uses for the Watson-Glaser III:
• Assess decision making and critical thinking for entry-level through executive positions in all industries
• Emphasize the need for critical thinking in the workplace for high-stakes roles like police officers and airplane pilots
• Measure deductive reasoning skills of lawyers, insurance analysts, and IT professionals
• Professional development for current and future leaders
• Measure student potential and work-readiness
What’s new with the Watson-Glaser?
• Item-banked format enables unsupervised (unproctored) screening of job applicants
• Questions are randomly selected from a large pool, making it unlikely that two individuals receive the same test
• Item-banked test design increases item security and protects test validity
• New timed version promotes a consistent candidate experience
• Improved Profile report shows standardized scores and more detailed description of subtest performance
• New bank of business-relevant questions suitable for international use
• New platform functionality to add a custom norm, delay test administration, or combine Watson-Glaser with other ability tests
Recognize Assumptions: Separate fact from opinion
Evaluate Arguments: Impartially evaluate arguments and suspend judgment
Draw Conclusions: Decide your course of action
Scores are available immediately for online testing.
• New Profile Report: See overall and subtest performance, can-do statements, and standardized scores
• Development Report: Build a custom learning & development plan to enhance an individual’s skills
© Pearson Assessment Inc.