Use the Change Style Indicator to assess your candidates for preferred style in approaching and addressing change.
This test provides the answers you need to make informed hiring and promotion decisions.
Want more information about this test? Get it now. Please complete the request form on the MORE INFO & BUY TEST tab and we’ll reply promptly.
Not the perfect fit? No problem. We have many similar tests to choose from. See alternatives in the HEALTHCARE category section of our site.
Administration Type: Self
Administration Time: 10 to 15 Minutes
Qualification Level: B-Level or Certification
Translations: Spanish, French, Portuguese
Reports: Individual Report, Group Report
The Change Style Indicator is a leadership assessment designed to measure an individual’s preferred style in approaching and addressing change. It provides leaders of all levels with insights on personal preferences for managing through change and provides context for how those around them might perceive and respond to their preferred style.
The instrument addresses both initiated and opposed change and places the respondent on a continuum between:
- Conserver: prefers the known to the unknown
- Pragmatist: prefers to explore the current situation in an objective manner
- Originator: prefers a faster and more radical approach to change
With the Change Style Indicator, leaders will:
- Learn about three unique styles for dealing with change
- Discover their personal position on the continuum of change style preferences
- Learn how a preferred style affects how others perceive an individual and how a style influences the perceptions of others
- Explore the advantages and strengths that each style offers in a team effort
- Improve interpersonal communication and understanding
- Avoid conflicts and reduce unproductive meeting time
- Realize the value of all perspectives when resolving issues
- Enable the group’s creativity, collaboration, and innovation
- Increase teamwork and cooperation
Key Areas Measured
Conversers – Accept the structure/Prefer change that is incrimental
Pragmatists – Explore the subculture/Prefer change that is functional
Originators – Challenge the structure/Prefer change that is expansive
Change Style Indicator Individual Report
Designed to assess an individual’s preferred style in handling change. The Individual Report includes an individual’s distribution on the Change Style Indicator continuum for three primary change styles including Conserver, Pragmatist and Originator. The respondents not only receive personal scores but also valuable resources for how to increase their flexibility and maximize their effectiveness when dealing with change.
Change Style Indicator Group Report
Designed to assess a team’s preferred style in handling change. The group report includes the team’s distribution on the Change Style Indicator continuum for three primary change styles including Conserver, Pragmatist and Originator. Moreover, this report provides the team with information regarding the team dynamics such as team strengths, blind spots, preferred work environment, and how to lead the team through change.