Industrial Reading Test
About this Test
We’re sorry, the Industrial Reading Test has been discontinued as of May 1, 2019.
The Industrial Reading Test (IRT) accurately and efficiently identifies individuals with the ability to read and comprehend rules, regulations, and manuals.
It measures reading ability and comprehension with industry-relevant passages and questions. The higher the score, the greater the likelihood your candidate will:
- Successfully complete technical training and orientation programs.
- Understand rules and regulations designed to protect employees and ensure target quality and speed of manufacturing output.
- Repair products properly to reduce the frequency of service calls.
- Perform better overall.
The concise 2-page IRT Score Report provides the candidate’s industrial reading ability relative to other individuals in industrial and manufacturing positions.
The IRT provides critical information when hiring:
- Service and Repair Technicians
- Equipment Operators
- Facility Maintenance Employees
- Production Employees
- Roles in Regulated Facilities
- Skilled Trade Professionals
Administration time is approximately 40 minutes (9 passages and 38 Items).
© Harcourt Assessment
Not sure which test fits your needs?
We can help you to make the right choice.