Use the Motivation Questionnaire to measure one’s motivation via achievement and competition, recognition and personal growth, interest and flexibility. Before you invest the time and money to train a new employee, assess things like:
- Understanding the link between individual motivation and employee engagement
- Identifying and managing an individual’s strongest motivators and demotivators
- Improving employee motivation and engagement
This test provides the answers you need to make informed decisions.
Want more information about this test? Get it now. Please complete the request form on the MORE INFO & BUY TEST tab and we’ll reply promptly.
Not the perfect fit? No problem. We have many similar tests to choose from. See alternatives in the GENERAL PRE-SCREENING category section of our site.
The Motivational Questionnaire (MQ) measures the extent to which an individual is motivated by aspects such as achievement and competition, recognition and personal growth, interest and flexibility and progression and status.
By understanding what motivates their staff, managers can unlock each individual’s full potential and direct their energies more constructively. This questionnaire measures 18 dimensions of an individual’s motivation, and provides a comprehensive understanding of those situations which increase and reduce their motivation. Note: MQ in Indonesian and Hungarian released as beta release Dec 2013.
Job Family/Title: All
Average Testing Time (minutes): 25 minutes
Allowed Time (minutes): Untimed
Maximum Number of Questions: 144 questions
Number of Sittings: One
Designed for Unproctored Environment: Yes
Question Format: Rating scale
Product Category: Personality
Job Levels: Director, Entry-Level, Executive, Professional Individual Contributor, Manager, Front Line Manager, Mid-Professional, General Population, Supervisor, Graduate
Available Languages: Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English (Australia), English (Canada), English (South Africa), English (USA), English International, Finnish, Flemish, French, French (Belgium), French (Canada), German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
The Motivation Questionnaire helps you:
- Understand the link between individual motivation and employee engagement
- Identify and manage an individual’s strongest motivators and demotivators
- Improve employee motivation and engagement
When to use the Motivation Questionnaire
The Motivation Questionnaire has wide ranging applications in:
- Career Counselling
- Performance Management
- Team Audit
- Pay and Reward Schemes
- Staff Induction
- Staff Retention
A number of reports are available for trained and untrained users:
- The Profile Chart: Maps the individual’s motivational drivers against a selected benchmark, and provides an indication of key motivators and demotivators. Designed for use by trained users.
- The Employee Motivation Report: Ideal for use by line managers and those concerned with employees’ performance and well-being, this report provides an in-depth and easy-to-understand evaluation of what motivates and demotivates an individual. It also offers a comprehensive list of tips and suggestions for managing the employee’s strongest motivators and demotivators.
- The Candidate Motivation Report: This report allows individuals completing the questionnaire to understand what drives their own motivation and can encourage them to take greater ownership of their development plans.
- The Motivation Pack: The MQ Report pack consists of the Profile Chart, Employee Motivation Report and the Candidate Report and is a cost effective way of ensuring that your organization takes a comprehensive approach to understanding what motivates its employees.